Saturday, September 04, 2004

Work is overrated anyway

Work is overrated anyway

My Programmed mental aspects are telling me I am not at work, those parts of me that are born from a thousand and more repetitions. The parts of me that hold my fear and anxiety are clawing away, seeking to run home to some sense of safety and to protect the homestead. But reason and will in this situation must trump, must take control.

I se the Internet clandestinely and illicitly, working towards saiting those sectors of my brain who call to leisure, and to monitor the storm for that throne of fear and paranoia. That, that and my work I find often mentally taxing just to do on a normal day and trudge through it as best I can.

I read an article about the evolution of Super-Hero movies. And it really got me thinking, how the super hero stories are a modern mythology. How the old stuff, not some of the tripe we have today, is our modern mythology. How it communicates fundamental values, concepts, and senses of identity to us on a cultural level. Things like Star Wars, Star Trek, The Matrix, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, the X-Men, and others all fit this genre.

Nothing passing in the way of real news from the campaign, or for that matter on the slow trudging hurricane both things slowly threatening destruction, but possibly making no real impact to me.

Sadly this did not take away enough of my worktime.

No comments: