Wednesday, August 31, 2005

In the belly of the beast.......

Day 3 and I can safely say the religion class has a whole lot of PC mindsets to it.

Where my International perspectives class says the western worldview was impossed on the world ( and that is neither a good or a bad thing) the religion class teachers have a very clear political agenda

they say the death of the sacred comes from a secularization of culture, but they say that secularization is good. They idealize primativistic cultures and say how good everything was but they try to bring togther a hippie touchie feel good "well we need to be like them but have modern society to"

I can tell the teacher doesn't like me throwing out advanced level concepts in the class as I am.... I guess I'll figure out if i care

Oh and when I say teacher, I mean the teachers aid. Now while I may find myself in those shoes at some point in my walk down the road of life.... the actual prof of the class isn't doing much of the you know... teaching.

She kind of comes in like a relief pitcher or does a victory lap and thats about it.

So the class i expected to be the most blatantly political -arabic- wasn't. And a class i didn't even think to come up with a pcness on -the religion class- was

tommorrow their will be a post on class 4b.... and then I am done for the first week of school

No comments: