Friday, May 27, 2005

Illiberalism

We live in a mixed up world. If I am to believe my military, and my
knowledge about terrorists suggest they are correct…The terrorists are 3
times more likely to “abuse” a Koran then an American soldier is. John
McCain fresh off beating back the forces of republicanism is now out
promoting the movie of the week about his life in Vietnam. The new book
about his political career “aint I great” that movie of the week will be
coming out in 08 in time for his presidential run. Harry Reid in what has to
be a chutzpah worthy award saying the president is hurting a nominee by not
releasing to the senate classified information… Information that on a
judicial nominee, Harry Reid improperly leaked ruining the nomination of
Saad… something which makes me think about Harry Reid “would you buy a used
car from this man?”

The Political left in this country isn’t offering an alternative point of
view. They are just becoming a force of obstruction. They advocate for dirty
elections when they win in Washington State… but when they lose like they
did in 2000 they make sure you know their opponent didn’t win that one time.
When election laws don’t suit them like in the New Jersey Senate election
that brought back Lautenberg they ignore them. They fight for the rights of
people free from jail to vote, and some such as Jesse Jackson even advocate
people in jail must vote. When Bill Clinton had some sexual improprieties
“its none of our business” but when it was Bob Packwood or Arnold we see
them handing out torches and pitchforks and forming an angry mob.

Maybe I am old fashioned but I believe it is wrong for some one to sexually
harass women. But, if I see some one getting lambasted for it by an
organization formed to protect a politician of another party from the same
kind of charges… I will ignore it. It is just that simple. And I believe
violating the standards of elections are wrong no matter what party you are,
but if you try to make the rules only apply when you will win… I just am
going to ignore you.

The prisoner thing I am of two minds on. If you paid your debt then sure you
can vote. Otherwise, forget it.

But I mean I remember, it was a time not that long ago that the Democratic
party stood for something. They would push alternative legislation… they
would talk about it on TV, and they would talk about it at the stump. This
is what an opposition party DOES. All they seem to want to do now is fight.
And not in a good Mr. Smith goes to Washington kinda way, but in a south
park “I’m Russell Crowe and I like to fight” kinda way.

No comments: