Friday, May 20, 2005

Pre-Review of Rots

The Offical Larry Bernard Revenge of the Sith Pre-review

Official disclaimer
#1) I am a geek
#2) I am a star wars geek
#3) I’ve found the PT (prequel trilogy) movies more and more disappointing
#4) I feel it will suck, but I want it to be good.

First I need to beat down George Lucas

Lucas says “the above 25s hate it, and the under 25s love it hey you can’t win it all.” Utter and complete Bizhull Shkiznit and you know it George! You can do both George in the business of show they draw up a big 4 quadrant graph sheet and they target how much the film hits every target audience… the goal George is to get as many people in to see the film.”

Here are some things else from George’s mouth which make me want to hit him. “Shadow suggested that we needed a scientific explanation of the Force instead of just a murky mystical explanation. I give Shadow rightly credit for creating the midichlorians.” So your bringing in Joseph Campbell and talking about making a new “bible” was all allot of crap. Good to know there George…

“1. George Lucas said he believed in God, but did not plan for the Force to represent the God he believes in because he feared that it would be somewhat of a mockery to God and the Bible, hence even if Anakin was conceived by the Midichlorians, he wouldn't represent the Son of the one true God.” I got this from some Christian site... I really hope this is garbage

“George Lucas: I’m not sure why so many fans have negative feelings about the first two prequel films. In my opinion, the dialogue and acting of the prequels is superior to that of the low-budget classic trilogy. Everything is better this time around. Better actors. Better special effects. I’m personally writing the scripts. I have to say I am confused by this kind of criticism. I believe you are confused or mistaken. The prequel trilogy especially Revenge of the Sith are great films. The stellar box-office numbers prove I’m right”

I guess you forgot about ooooh everything else you made except Indiana jones…. You never used your cash flow to say “gosh those suck”


"We have two fan bases. One is over 25 and one is under 25," Lucas said. "The over-25 fan base is loyal to the first three films. They actually are in their 30s and 40s now, so they're in control of the media, they're in control of the Web, they're in control of everything, basically. So mostly, what you're hearing from are people over 25 years old.

"But the films those people don't like, which is the first two, actually are very fanatically adored by the under-25-year-olds, and as you get up on the Web and you listen to these conversations, they are always at each other's throats, and the devotion for each group is pretty equal."”

George reality is calling… it wants its check back
“Inspired by his imagination and the influence of an Akira Kurosawa film, “Star Wars” series producer George Lucas never has denied his intent to include a spiritual theme at the core of the saga.
“I wanted it to be a traditional moral study, to have some sort of palpable precepts in it that children could understand,” Lucas said in a 1997 New Yorker interview. “There is always a lesson to be learned. … Traditionally, we get them from church, the family, art and in the modern world we get them from the media — from movies.”
But you needed a scientific explanation huh George?

So George, It is all about money and screw you’re older fans huh? You do realize its people like me, people you have made bitter and spit in the eye of our favored childhood memories who are going out there to watch your films? Sure, you have the exXXtreme fans, who dress up, but the real guy who helps fuel your empire is in the mid 20s to early 40s and who buys your stuff out of nostalgia. He is probably a professional sitting with the stuff on his desk at work. Do you think Episode I and II will ever hold the same nostalgia value? Or in the end are you just out to shill. Why have you taken what is beloved by so many people and folded and mutilated it because you could? You do this and expect us to still love you George? Just as you loved some of the great bits of cinema that made you create something in their league, you created something that has changed the world. But to you, screw them its mine and I can do what I want.
Well George, I will see the movie and judge it fair and honestly…. And expect you to have it all done over in the special 6 movie set where you further rape my childhood. Because George you taught us to be a better man then you obviously are.

No comments: