Monday, March 27, 2006

I figure why not join the Blog Burst

My Guillermo Fariñas Blogburst post

From Babalu Blog (down in the land of Miami...or North Cuba if you prefer)

Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez is a Psychologist. Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez is a journalist. Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez is a Cuban. Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez is, for all intents and purposes, the David to fidel castro's Goliath.

And Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez will most certainly die because fidel castro's government can only stay in power one way: by keeping the Cuban people deaf, blind and dumb. Allowing Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez access to the internet is allowing him access to the truth and for a regime built on lies and deception, the truth is a cancer.

The last MSM report on Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez was March 17. Ten days without food have gone by since and the man is just that much closer to death.

Let's not be like the MSM who are undoubtedly waiting for Dr. Fariñas' demise before they publish their next report on his courageous and dignified stance against his oppressors.

Patrick Henry stated "Give me liberty, or give me death" when facing tyranny from his own Goliath. Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez has done the same.

You and I can be that man at the window, who, upon hearing Henry's cry shouted "Let me be buried on this spot!"


Cuba is a very bad place, this man is trying to make it better. And he is willing to die to do so. I may not be able to do a whole lot to support him but this little bit will so I will do what I am able.

Join the Blogburst folks

No comments: