Tuesday, June 28, 2005

More court Irritation

I know the ruling was consistant with the law... but here to i feel the law is wrong.

City governments had feared that if the court ruled the other way, it would unleash a potentially devastating flood of cases that could bankrupt municipal governments.


I don't find the cities position utterly unreasonable here. This is why the law is as it is.

Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for the majority, said, "The creation of a personal entitlement to something as vague and novel as enforcement of restraining orders cannot 'simply go without saying.' We conclude that Colorado has not created such an entitlement."


and here is my problem.

The Us Constitution says i have the right to bare arms. But my government limits it.

It tells me what I can and can't own. How I can and can't use it.. or even if I can use it to defend my home.

The government runs programs to discourage citizens from using firearms to defend themselves,

They have worked very hard to disarm me.... doesn't that mean they should be required to defend me?

I think they should... or... should encourage the populace to defend itself

No comments: