Friday, June 24, 2005

Yesterday I was listening to Michael Medved....

As I am oft want to do on my way home from work.



Talking about the whole issue at the Air Force Academy issue.... Now to any Christians in the audience bare with me. Dr. Laura’s conversion was really an illegitimate one and you could judge that by how she talked. She really went contrary to Jewish teachings allot of the time. While Michael isn’t that obvious he does have a tendency to ape Christian teaching more then communicate Jewish teaching. I think this has to do with him shilling to his audience, and ya know what g-d love him.



But Michael was more focused on their being “discrimination” while I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that religious discrimination is bad times, a hostile religious atmosphere is very problematic for the military.



I described it at Cafe Philo, a group devoted to open religious and philosophical discussions, like this. You may believe what you believe, and I certainly believe what I believe but when I am in this uniform my life depends on yours and yours on mine. When you get to that core foundation of the military ethos its why allot of trivial things in the civilian world tend to melt away.



This is what concerned me most in the Air Force Academy and the rape of the female cadet as well.



But I think more then the Christian call to service, it is the armed services call to true tolerance and a united humanity is why we see less and less liberals in the service and less and less people who exit the service as political leftists. It’s because people in the military have to engage their fellow soldiers as human beings that a real exchange of ideas occurs.



Maybe we should learn a lesson from that.

No comments: