Friday, June 24, 2005

And now for some more personal blogging....

I am trying to niche myself into the world of poli and news blogging while doing personal blogging to. I am just all over the place because of a core bit of mystical philosophy I have.



In certain circles in my rather meandering studies I have sat in a few mystical circles. There I often heard folks who have burned out talking about focusing on their “mundane” life and its needs. I tended to view life like a soup; while you may have sometimes to much salt, stock, veggies, or meat if you take it out you just don’t have the same soup. Just as those esoteric things can disrupt your life; so can other things in your life like your job, your significant other, or your family.



I think people tend to look at news and politics that way some times, religion to.



This line of philosophy also helps me at work allot where I am a file clerk. The job is tedious, to an extreme. Worse I work in a medical environment, so some of the interesting tales I could share with others, or even blog on are covered under the banner of HIPAA.



But in the vein of what’s happened at the air force academy, I want to talk about boundaries because folks at work with me seem to have boundary issues.



I have a co-worker who had some symptoms that are similar to morning sickness.... but not very similar (I can’t say more stupid HIPAA). A co-worker joked and said “hey maybe you’re pregnant”... to which the first co-worker told us all about her sex life with her spouse. No! That is wrong kids, that is not talk for sharing at all. But if this burning line of NO in the sand wasn’t enough, the second co-worker started discussing “self luvin” and I shut my eyes remembering what Indiana Jones would say in a case like that.



A slightly more appropriate case came with my desk mate co-worker who has been coming in late. When I made a comment about it I was pointed to the fact she was a newly wed and she was just having trouble getting up in time. Not as much melt your eyes our and being borderline appropriate this



I don’t want to hear about your sex life. Gay, Straight, Bi, Poly, Necro.... Don’t care at all. Only times it matters is A) Am I having sex with you or B) Am I offering you advice regarding your relationship(s) malfunctions. If it isn’t A or B..... Let’s not talk about it.



Religion and Sex are great topics but lets keep them in bounds.

No comments: