Wednesday, June 29, 2005

the nature of the American system

We had a 37 year long employee at my place of work retire today. And it really gave me cause to reflect on what the **** is wrong with us in this country today. Now don’t think the lefties have kidnapped me but this country never meets my high standards for her, and in this moment today at work I saw it all in a microcosm.

I didn’t hear some of the things that were passed to my ear from the mouths of others. Many of the jobs that needed no more qualification then experience and a minimum of a high school diploma are going by the wayside in my department. No, the jobs are not being replaced with jobs requiring a higher degree of knowledge but are instead being given to people with degrees and a seeming inability to display any knowledge.

I could go into allot more detail about this fact and I will at a later date. But taking jobs from people who work their tails off to make them happen, and give them to others with a degree is wrong. Giving respect to some one with a degree who can’t do the job, and giving no respect to the person without the degree who does the job every day is horrendous and inhumane.

But this is what I think is happening more and more in this country.

No comments: