Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ya Know, I learned something today

I learned that I really have poor discipline for making a good 3000 page paper. I had a good bit of grounding from the T.A in the class.

I learned something else a bit more signifigant to.... I'm not going to be able to do a religous studies minor. I would want to cause injury to myself If i had to deal witht he "scholarly" study of religion.

I think their is a flaw when your scholarly study avoids like the plauge a lot of subjectivity in the field of religion. I think there are many issues they can't study ( and how those issues impact others) without taking a walk in a more subjective mode of analysis.

I also was reminded I tend to deal with people different then most normal folks ( and I have a three end P.O.V on my T.A he was either honest on a few personal questions, outside his comfort zone, or he was hiding what he bought into out of fear of offense... for whatever reason.

But I learned what I don't want my minor to be, I learned about how to make my paper work, and I talked about religion which was fun

No comments: