Friday, November 18, 2005

Fantasy Speech II


Also from the fantasy world where I am some how able to speak as a member of congress.

[Congressman Larry Bernard R-Fl]

Mr. Speaker, members of this house, and my fellow Americans;

The other side in saying they are not given a real chance to debate are taking their time to claim an attack against a member of this house.

We are putting forth on my side of the aisle utter political gamesmanship.

I could argue for the war, but this debate about the war has nothing to do with the realities of the war.

This is a debate about nothing, so I will give the ultimate vote of present because this farce deserves nothing less.

When the other side put forward by their voices that this is a war “mislead” they have brought this upon them.
When members of the other body play smash mouth politics we bring this upon them.
Ladies and gentlemen lets bring this body back from the brink.

Let us both stop playing politics, I pray this house will follow my wisdom but I doubt we will.

When we impugn ourselves as we have in this debate we cast a sour taste in the mouths of the American people.

Lets get real, and lets do some real work.

No comments: